Ginger Rogers had some serious style. Ginger Rogers liked to take part in the design of the clothing that she wore. One of the clothing pieces that she designed was an ostrich feather gown that she wore in a movie with Fred Astaire. Ginger Rogers wore the most incredible satin bodice/ostrich feather dress in Top Hat. Look how the dress moves as Ginger dances cross the floor it is incredible and the fullness of the feather skirt made it appear like she was floating on a cloud. Ginger Rogers’s style is still dancing around and you can channel the great Ginger Rogers in these truly inspired feather skirts. The feather skirts that Glamour magazine displayed are glamorous wardrobe piece; interesting textures and materials make for great statement skirts. There are so many ways you can wear them. You can make it into an outfit fit for a cocktail party or dress it down for a fun casual date. So many options from a vintage rock and roll tee shirt and heels to a sequined top. Frilly feathers dress down or up and will make you want to dance backwards in high heels. The simple elegance dress and skirt Taylor Swift & Karlie Kloss are wearing in the March Vogue issue have a Ginger Rogers-ness to them. I can just picture this two fabulous outfit floating/dancing stunningly a ballroom or in a modern day remake of Top Hat. Now all you will need is Fred Astaire.
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner and whether going out for green beer or avoiding being pinched at the office, finding a way to incorporate green into your wardrobe is a must but you also don’t want to look like you’re seeking out of a pot of gold. Unless you going for the leprechaun look I would avoid wearing green from head to toe.
The key to incorporating green into your outfit for the day is not going overboard. Remember you don’t have to sacrifice your sense of style to celebrate the day. Here are a few ways to look great while wearing green!
1. Necklaces: Don a lucky green necklace to make the ultimate statement on St. Patrick’s Day. Neutrals like white, grey, and black make the prefect backdrop for a stunning green statement necklace to be the center of attention!
2. Scarves: A perfect spring accessory, especially when they are lightweight. A gorgeous scarf in a vivacious shade of green is just what you need to add a little “Luck of the Irish” to your look.
3. Handbags: A girl can never have too many bags, especially a stylish green one.
4. Nail Polish: When I was younger, I remember it was tradition to always paint my nails green around St. Patrick’s Day. Changing your polish to green is the easiest (and my favorite) way to feel festive.
5. Colored Jeans: Colored jeans are a great way to make a statement. Slip into your favorite pair of green skinnies and you’ll be more than covered on St. Patrick’s Day (no pinches for you)!
6. Stylish Top: Incorporate a green hue into your wardrobe in an unexpected way. Like a plaid shirt or bold blazer, it will look fabulous styled with a pair of denim jeans or a gorgeous skirt.
7. Hat: Replace the U-G-L-Y beer cap with a more stylish Panama hat that will have others around you green with envy. Plus, you can wear it beyond the festivities, so the head-turning won’t stop.
8. IPhone Case: If your are like me your phone is always with you and out so why not green it up a bit?
9. Shoes: Let your shoes make a statement. If you have a pair of green shoes laying around, AWESOME!! If not, how about white shoes? They can be easily DIY.
10. Army Jacket: We all know, St. Patrick’s Day doesn’t fall during the warmest of months (for most of us). Never fear; a stylish army jacket will come to the rescue.
Welcome to my new lifestyle blog, Small Town Charm. My blog is called Small Town Charm because I am small town girl with so little small town charm. My blog is about Music, Fashion, Food and more. Please visit the About page to learn even more! I hope that you enjoy reading my post and I hope you’ll be back.